Friday, December 24, 2010

My Christmas Eve

I tweeted this, verse by verse. Its funny how twitter helps structure things.

The night before Christmas, at the Ayers Hotel
the decor and music weave holiday spells
The guests all are laughin' with holiday cheer
a sure sign as any that Christmas is near!
There's a tree in the lobby, stockings over the fire,
there's a fat lady wearin' some santa attire
There's garlands and ribbons all matching the mood,
a party next door filled with wine and with food!
But the food's not for me, and the wine I can't drink;
I don't have a stocking, or bells that go clink.
I admire the tree and the presents below,
and I'd surely go sledding if C.A. got snow,
but I don't get presents to grab and unwrap...
A Californian Muslim in December's a sap.

now I'm depressed. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment