Friday, December 24, 2010

So cleanse thy pallate!

As fun as "The Itch Only Love Can Surpass" was to write, its a bit much to have on my front page...as the first post people see on the blog.

I'd like to note that it was totally written on an implied dare.

That...I chose to imply...

ANYWAYS. I finished Brandon Sanderson's Way of Kings, and it was really very good. I can't wait for the rest of that series, as well as whatever else he's going to be throwing the public's way. I'm looking forward to next year's Alloy of Law and The Rithmatist.

In the meantime, Winter Break means I've got a bit of time to work on the ever looming Will of Thedosis, which is now at about 22,000 words. I've been stuck deep in the novel's 6th chapter for...well, 4 months now. I have this feeling that once this chapter is done it'll start flowing out a little more easily. Its a long, sort of complex chapter...

Enough excuses! in terms of page-count its 67 right now and I'm just getting started. I think its going to be a good length. As its my first novel I don't think I'm going to be looking into publishing right away. I think I want to just be able to prove to myself that I can write a novel from cover to cover. Its very different from writing a play. I think dialogue flows a little more easily for me. This description nonsense takes me forever to get just right.

That's the other thing! I tend to write very slowly, very deliberately, with very little editing later. Some people suggest writing quickly and editing heavily after, to just get the ideas on the page before you loose them. Maybe I ought to try to build some new habits.

Might take a while though.

Anyways, I'm super tired and bogged down now, so I'm going to probably stare at my word processor for another hour or so and then give up and go to bed.

Merry Holidaymas to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment